- - CA/Camarillo - 7165 / 940 knell Rd Camarillo 93010
- - CA/North Hollywood - 4421 / 13007 Sherman Way North Hollywood 91605
- - CA/Oakdale - 3842 / 175 Maag Ave. Oakdale 95361
- - CA/Salinas - 3412 / 1050 N. Davis Rd. Salinas 93907
- - CA/Tehachapi - 4751 / 710 W.Tehachapi Blvd Tehachapi 93561
- - CO/Pueblo - 4453 / 3415 N Elizabeth St Pueblo 81008
- - CT/Watertown - 7109 / 595 Straits Tpke Watertown 06795
- - DE/Bear - 4807 / 301 Governor Place Bear 19701
- - DE/Wilmington - 3873 / 4700 Limestone Rd. Wilmington 19808
- - FL/Miami - 4728 / 3825 7th St NW Miami 33126
- - FL/Vero Beach - 7294 / 1501 US-1 Vero Beach 32960
- - ID/Lewiston - 7033 / 1815 21st St Lewiston 83501
- - ID/Twin Falls - 7006 / 2258 Addison Ave E Twin Falls 83301
- - IL/Bridgeview - 4381 / 7325 W 79th St Bridgeview 60455
- - IN/Kokomo - 7243 / 705 N Dixon Rd Kokomo 46901
- - IN/Richmond - 7246 / 3150 National Rd W Richmond 47374
- - IN/Valparaiso - 7042 / 2801 Calumet Ave Valparaiso 46383
- - KY/Erlanger - 3029 / 3071 Dixie Hwy Erlanger 41018
- - KY/Somerset - 7255 / 411 Russet Dyche Hwy Somerset 42501
- - MA/Brockton - 4407 / 2001 Main Si Brockton 02301
- - MA/Webster - 9692 / 70 Worcester Rd Webster 01570
- - MD/Stevensville - 7673 / 200 Kent Landing Stevensville 21666
- - ME/Auburn - 3021 / 603 Center St Auburn 04210
- - ME/Augusta - 7133 / 58 Western Ave Augusta 04330
- - MI/Belleville - 3155 / 2095 Rawsonville Rd Belleville 48111
- - MI/Clio - 9385 / 4290 Vienna Rd Clio 48420 – OWNED
- - MI/Grayling - 9557 / 2425 S.1-75 Business Grayling 49738
- - MI/Hastings - 3819 / 802 W. State St Hastings 49058
- - MI/Menominee - 7031 / 1101 7th Ave Menominee 49858
- - MI/Midland - 7068 / 1820 S. Saginaw Rd Midland 48640
- - MI/Oscoda - 9593 / 5719 N US-23 Oscoda 48750
- - MN/International Falls - 9689 / 1606 MN-11 International Falls 56649
- - MN/St Paul - 3059 / 245 E Maryland Ave. St Paul 55117
- - MT/Kalispel - 7030 / 2024 US-2 E Kalispel 59901
- - NC/Clemmons - 7208 / 2455 Lewisville Clemmons 27012
- - NC/Waynesville - 7626 / 1209 Russ Ave Waynesville 28786
- - ND/Fargo - 4057 / 2301 S University Dr Fargo 58103
- - NJ/Somers Point - 9463 / 250 New Road (Rt 9) Somers Point 08244
- - NJ/Trenton - 4478 / 1061 Whitehorse Ave Trenton 08610
- - NJ/Wall - 7602 / 1825 State Hwy 35 Wall 07719
- - NJ/Wayne - 3056 / 1020 Hamburg Tpke. Wayne 07470
- - NM/Santa Fe - 3301 / 1712 St Michaels Dr Santa Fe 87501
- - NY/Bath - 9589 / 420 W Morris St Bath 14810
- - NY/Buffalo - 3415 / 1001 Hertel Ave Buffalo 14216
- - NY/Mattydale - 4034 / 2803 Brewerton Rd. Mattydale 13211
- - NY/Yorktown Heights - 9414 / 355 Downing Dr. Yorktown Heights 10598
- - OH/Barberton - 7383 / 241 Wooster Rd. N Barberton 44203
- - OH/Brunswick - 3286 / 3301 Center Rd Brunswick 44212
- - OH/Grove City - 7397 / 2400 Stringtown Rd Grove City 43123
- - OH/Harrison - 7644 / 10560 Harrison Ave Harrison 45030
- - OK/Clinton - 4782 / 2501 Redwheat Dr Clinton 73601
- - PA/Chambersburg - 3225 / 1005 Wayne Ave Chambersburg 17201
- - PA/Clifton Heights - 7293 / 713 E Baltimore Pike Clifton Heights 19018
- - PA/Doylestown - 3737 / 4377 PA-313 Doylestown 18902
- - PA/Easton - 7192 / 320 S 25th St. Easton 18042
- - PA/Holmes - 3597 / 600 MacDade Blvd Holmes 19043
- - PA/Leechburg - 7372 / 451 Hyde Park Rd Leechburg 15656
- - PA/New Castle - 7083 / 2650 Elwood Rd. New Castle 16101
- - PA/Shillington - 3136 / 1 Parkside Ave. Shillington 19607
- - PA/Towanda - 4713 / 328 Ennis Lane Towanda 18848
- - PA/Walnutport - 3954 / 400 N Best Ave Walnutport 18088
- - PR/Aguadilla - 4732 / Road 2 Km 126.5 Aguadilla 00605
- - PR/Cagey - 7446 / Ave Jesus T Pinero 4 Cagey 00736
- - PR/Carolina - 7665 / 65th Infantry Avenue Carolina 00985
- - PR/Yauco - 7752 / 601 Yauco Plaza Yauco 00698
- - SC/Greenville - 4016 / 1 Kmart Plaza Greenville 29605
- - SC/Lexington - 7616 / 748 W Main St Lexington 29072
- - SC/West Columbia - 4141 / 1500 Charleston Hwy West Columbia 29169
- - TN/Lebanon - 9621 / 1443 W Main St Lebanon 37087
- - UT/St George - 9794 / 745 S Bluff St George 84770
- - VA/Chesapeake - 3471 / 2001 S Military Hwy Chesapeake 23320
- - VA/Tabb - 3785 / 5007 Victory Blvd Tabb 23693
- - WI/Mauston - 7648 / 800 N. Union St Mauston 53948
- - WI/Racine - 3851 / 5141 Douglas Ave Racine 53402
- - WI/Ripon - 7649 / 1200 W Fond duLac St Ripon 54971
- - WV/Etkview - 3484 / 201 Crossings Mall Etkview 25071
30 replies (most recent on top)
You should add Poplar bluff missouri to the list
I used to work for one in Oregon that closed within the last year. I loved the work and most the people I worked with. The pay did s— though and I found out later with a few years experience and 2 raises I was making less than the new supervisors (one of my wages was for a supervisor, one for a specialist). I loved being able to manage myself and work my day around what I felt would be a more effective use of my time but, not everyone has that kind of drive. Many of us senior employees would complain about the lack of help, or worse having to fix their mistakes because some would literally dump carts full of go backs on shelves and NOTHING was every done about it. I hate that I lost the job I loved but, I can understand why they went down for sure.
It is so very sad to see this happening. I remember growing up with K mart. I had worked for K mart from 1979 to 1990. I had advanced myself from Christmas help in the toy department to an assistant store manager. It was, at that time a good company to work for. Toward my last few years with them the company started to get c-appy mostly, I think, because of all the Walmart's opening. Upper management got flakey and nasty and nobody wanted to work for them. Same with Sears. I remember as a little kid back in the 50's and 60's going shopping at Sears with my parents. Kenmore and Craftsman were the items to get. There are no more Sears or K marts in my area now. All my former and current appliances I bought from Sears. Now I would have to order online. I miss the old days.
It was the worst working environment n no raises period!!!!!
The company in Valparaiso In also had their HR person fire people before they closed—- bad practice!!! Then managers from the store hired their family members!!! All the managers sat in their break room for hours at a time—— they should have closed!!! The managers there were lazy and took advantage of us young workers!!! Don’t feel bad for KMart they never gave employee’s raises, either!!!
They closed in Valparaiso Indiana and our numbers were up and increased.
How could the owner just give up like that!!!! Very upsetting how they handled employees.
3667 Kmart 2-12-2020
Add Kmart on Clayton Rd in Concord, CA. Will close in Feb 2020.
is kmart in Avenel NJ closing?
Scott's Valley, CA Kmart should be added to your list
I have been following Sears Hometown Stores as I worked there briefly (till this year). I noticed that if there is a Sears or K-Mart within 30 miles of a Sears Hometown Store, corporate is closing them down. However, the Sears Hometown Stores are closing as well. Five have closed this year in Florida. (Clermont, Homasassa, Palm Coast, New Symrna, forget the 5th store. Georgia is down to 15 and Tn is down to 3. In short, customers are abandoning Sears altogether.
You can add Warren, MI to the list. Just announced.
An article I read said come January there will be only be about 115 kmarts left across the nation?? That's crazy!
@10Nv2HCD-Mtxc Don't count on that forever.
I am just grateful that my Kmart has somehow managed to survive every round of closing so far, including this one.
Hayward is closing
Add Store 4457, Hayward CA Kmart to the list. Closing by the end of December.
Eddie just hit the nails in the coffin, I’m sorry but you can’t blame a whole lot on him - he got a great real estate deal out of it and that’s it. We knew in 1999 we were in trouble, but the board chose to put their heads in the sand. Kmart bought companies like sports authority and others instead of investing in our supply chain or updating the stores. There was no hope in my opinion by bankruptcy. We should have closed half the chain immediately following bankruptcy and rebranded and invested in stores. Even still I’m not sure we had a shot. This is quite possibly the slowest liquidation in history - so sad to see.
I worked for Sears/Kmart as a maintenance tech. I had 10 stores that i serviced. I was fired a week before Thanksgiving last year when they shuttered the maintenance department. I am loving watching this company burn to the ground! Burn baby burn!
it was never about a supply line chain, it is about selling real estate. not about retail and selling product. Corporate wants to make a buck over the selling of real estate.
Barberton, OH to close Mid-December, 2019, according to Akron Beacon Journal:
This is a frustrating, confusing one, because it's all that small community has without driving out to the heavy-traffic areas of Fairlawn/Montrose. Sounds like Major Judge is optimistic that "something will go in there."
I’m so sorry! I closed the Portland, OR store last year, hardest thing I’ve ever done. Good luck to you. I still miss having a Kmart near by
My store is in Lewiston Idaho. We thought we were safe along with Kalispell, MT and Twin Falls ID. All 3 of these stores make a profit. Guess we were wrong. I hope Eddie Lampert loses everything he has, The demise of Kmart is partially his fault when he bought Sears. He could have made Kmart better with that kind of money instead of buying Sears. I feel for all of the Kmart family out there losing their jobs.
@10Nv2HCD-2lne You already answered your own question. More likely they'll be shut down after the holidays and probably will have little to no stock on shelves.
RIP Kmart in Idaho. Now the only northwest Kmart locations will by in The Dales, OR and Burlington, WA. How can the supply chain support such random locations 300 miles apart
Add the Lakeport, CA Kmart to the list. https://www.record-bee.com/2019/08/29/k-mart-to-close-lakeport-store-in-december/
@10Nv2HCD-1szm Think they meant they'll be done as 2020 starts.
Is there a source for this? Some of these closures have been confirmed by local news outlets, which say that the stores will close before the end of 2019, not in 2020.
The last line is wrong - should be Elkview
- WV/Elkview - 3484 / 201 Crossings Mall Elkview 25071