- WeWork Cuts 350 employees - corporate division
- cuts will be within the software engineering, product management and data science teams.
- another 150 roles may be cut as WeWork ditches assets (Managed by Q, Teem, SpaceIQ, Conductor and Meetup)
- i think this is just a start, we'll probably see at least 5,000 people leaving before 2020
- software eng and data science are easy targets - you just stop projects and let resources go, that's why they are going after it firs
Back in March:
"Hey guys we need to cut costs but we don't wanna lose valuation. So let's sacrifice careers of 7% of the staff" Such evil b—s—. Why not just blame chronic low ROI in departments or some other c-ap to justify and keep valuation. Why poison the well for your people?