Thoughts? Any Sonic Layoffs 2020? Any news or rumors?
14 replies (most recent on top)
What departments were impacted?
"Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of people!!!"
Was the person below my comment, being sarcastic? or just genuinely being upset about their former employees being laid off?
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of people!!!
Did anybody get promoted? I didn’t hear. Only heard of people who got a letter saying their job was safe, and people like myself got an end date of 60 days. Someone else got a different date than me. Theirs was for 6 months from now, and If they don’t stay the whole time they don’t get their severance.
Well, was everyone satisfied with their “severance” agreements (that are actually retention bonuses for most of us, since we have to stay through the date dictated by Inspire to receive the package)?
I can’t believe they are screwing over all of Sonic. Those people have been there forever!!
Good thing they acquired Sonic, since the other brands in the portfolio aren’t making $ compared to Sonic.
Jealous we will take over? The Pledians will take control of Sonic. Our race will prevail.
- Layoffs coming. Thursday letters.
- Everything is not as it seems. Reason Claudia did not disclose? Think outside the box.
- Big fish visiting our pond 1/30.
- Warrant Act? No. In order for that to happen, 33% or greater would need to be impacted. However, that’s not to say 50% could be impacted, with 20% being relo’d to ATL. Reduces the 50% to 30% and keeps from enacting the Warrant Act.
- Inspire Leadership is clueless and does not listen to experience. All about the $$$. Not about the people.
- PB = 🐍
A great day for PB and Inspire execs for sure! Sorry Sonic...
The big layoff 1/30/2020. 300 folks will be let go
Rumor has it that Inspire Brands has a big “re-org” planned for Sonic in early 2020. They were kind enough to extend the “severance policy” into 2020 if that’s any indication.