Do you happen to have a sample letter for layoffs due to COVID-19...
Something like this, but with focus on Corona Virus
- Hello [Employee First Name]:
- Company X is sad to inform you that you are being laid off from your position as [if avaliable specify position here] - this decision is effective as of [mm/dd/yyyy]. The layoff is permanent.
- A recent set of recent events [e.g., COVID-19] has put Company X in a position to act quickly to ensure that the business continues to operate - this will require that we lay off (x number) of employees.
- These layoffs are caused by COVID-19 circuimstances and are not related to your individual performance.
- You will receive [amount of severance pay] and you will continue to receive [any benefits they continue to receive] until [specify mm/dd/yyyy when benefits stop].
- Please return the following company property prior to leaving:
- (list things that will have to be returned).
- We very much appreciate your contributions to company X. If you have any further questions, please get in contact with HR representatives using the following phone number xxx-xxx-xxxxx
- We wish you the best in your future endeavors.
- (Name of the person conducting the layoff)