Thread regarding Anadarko Petroleum Corp. layoffs

COC after one year

In what section of the COC does it state that after one year Oxy can reduce our salaries and even job assignments?

by
| 1610 views | | 8 replies (last )
Post ID: @OP+14YK2qbe

8 replies (most recent on top)

Because the Good Reason clause was only good for one year. After one year, Oxy can do anything to your salary, work location or job duties and you cannot trigger COC on the basis of Good Reason. After 08/08/2020, the one year mark, the only protection left is position elimination when “not for cause” and that protection lasts two more years.

by
|
Post ID: @dghj+14YK2qbe

@2twg+14YK2qbe

Also, I originally stated that a 30% would be considered a "good reason" which is the reason that OXY would not lower LAPC by 30% in the first year. Under Article 4.2 (a) ii, a good reason event triggers COC. You have to read and understand Article 1 (c) and Article 4.2 (a) ii as these are relevant to material reductions and time periods. Some other useful information is the IRS definition of good reason.

by
|
Post ID: @2yxu+14YK2qbe

@2twg+14YK2qbe

You are right, but many people are anticipating a further reduction once the one year expires. Many people think that it will be in line with the LOXY employees. So, since LAPC has been cut by 4.9%, LAPC could see an additional 25.1% cut for a total of 30%. Sorry I was not clear. Almost everyone that I have talked to in anticipating this cut and it is all over the OXY board.

by
|
Post ID: @2cyb+14YK2qbe

@1tzg+14YK2qbe

You must not work for OXY because LAPC didn’t get a 30% cut

People need to read the docs or get a lawyer to explain.

by
|
Post ID: @2twg+14YK2qbe

You have to resign to get coc payments.
You have to resign within 90 days of a signicant event citing particulars of what material change prompted your resignation. Oxy will decide if event warrants coc payments. If no, you go to arbitration.
Long journey and either way resignation stands.

by
|
Post ID: @2aiv+14YK2qbe

A 30% reduction would be considered a "good reason". The applicable period for good reason expires at the one year mark and then we're protected for another two years without the good reason provision.

by
|
Post ID: @1tzg+14YK2qbe

Post a reply

: