I started 6 years ago and in 2016 many of my friends were let go. I thought that nightmare would never happen again, now I am worried it could happen again with the price of oil even lower now than then. There seems to be no end to this price drop and all the drilling is being shut down. Does anyone know if I can take my cash balance as a lump sum if I am fired? What can I do for medical insurance?
2 replies (most recent on top)
I hope the best for you. I used to work for Aera and they seem to be fair and do what is right....even when oil price takes a turn for the worst.
There is nothing much that you can do. Here is my experience:
1) You get call into a room.
2) They give you the best option available in a folder already prepare.
3) You can not counter offer the prepared options.
4) You take the folder, hand in your badge and walk back to your room or cubicle.
5) Someone will follow you.
6) you pack and think.
7) you leave and feel empty
8) you get home and tell your family.
9) you promise yourself to perform the best on your next job.
10) you file for unemployement.
11) your receive the benefit and see the amount so small.
12) you apply for food stamp to help get through.
13) you search and apply.
14) you get the interview.
15) you get the job.
Good for you and hopefully get out of oil and gas industry.