Come on ladies and gentlemen¡! You should know by now that MAY is the month when IBM and LENOVO make their cuts, ALWAYS. That's always been the case. Stop crying. You knew a long time ago thay you will be on the chopping board at some point. Now that you got cut, let's talk about what will happen.
The Good News:
- Be thankful that you worked for a great company for many years and were able to put food on the table. So, be thankful and stop bashing and craying.
- You will not believe you got cut.
- You will get your good payout.
- You will eventually find a job and get paid more.
The Bad News:
- You will go through phases. Depression and then into Great Recession as you can't find a job.
- You will land job as a contractor and it may take between 6 - 9 months to land one.
- You realize that the job market is brutal. And now with this coronavirus, you will be entering a bigger big boys arena. Prepare for a 1 year on finding a job.
- You will be praying a lot. Trust me, you will be praying alot.
I was let go in June, 2019. It took me 6 months to find a job. And, I get pay more.
Ex IBM/LENOVO employee