My manager told me of the leadership all hands meeting today by Nygaard. It seems he is getting ready to take on the CEO job.
9 replies (most recent on top)
Nygaard's a Seagate lifer, just like the SVP of business excellence.
Both went to Asia 20 years ago with a boat load of US management that were looking for a promotion after the six sigma band wagon veered into the ditch. Most were laid off unless they agreed to the local pay scale.
SVP of Business Excellence beat feet. Nygaard got married to a local.
He would be a lot better than the current clown we have as CEO but we need someone with a strategy and product vision to turn this company back to growth.
Nygaard would make an excellent CEO.
Nygaard knows the industry, knows Seagate, is employee friendly and works hard. Let’s give him a chance. All those who agree vote here with a ‘Yes’.
Bring an outsider just like wdc did. For these HDD only people they cannot see the entire storage ecosystem and limits opportunities
Would Nygaard make a better CEO? Or do we need an outsider to shake things up?
Better than the lack of CEO we currently have:
- No vision
- Figure head without a brain of what to do and is simply cash flowing the business to its death
- Dumb enough to invest billions in HAMR at worst cost per GB to the competition at similar capacities for the next 5 years
- Solution to all storage problems is an HDD. It is not!
- Lies to all employees and investors about the future of HDD.
- Keeps his cronies in high paying roles even though incompetent
- Cannot lead a team on a fire drill let alone a billion dollar company
- Does not listen to others or gain information from others in making a decision. An autocrat.
Just stepdown! You have no idea what you are doing.
But Mosely was doing such a great job. Look at all the jobs he moved to the far east.
he makes a sh–load