Thread regarding Corning Inc. layoffs

More layoffs soon?

I've heard Corning is planing more layoffs before the end of June, any truth to it?

by
| 2370 views | | 8 replies (last )
Post ID: @OP+15pMlCX5

8 replies (most recent on top)

I sincerely hope the layoffs are done, and hope people are returning to work. One year ago, the housing market in Corning, NY was probably the best they had ever seen, as a seller's market. It will be a long time before people who bought, at that time, will be able to get their money back.

by
|
Post ID: @26lfv+15pMlCX5

Get ready for the November round

by
|
Post ID: @1Yxgi+15pMlCX5

Fire a third of the managers (especially those over 50) and watch the company lose zero productivity.

by
|
Post ID: @kmqn+15pMlCX5

Agree with the last comment. The company is so anti meritocratic. So many people with cushy salaries who do no work are still there, while many good people were let go. The layoffs were essentially chosen due to politics and not performance. Also, so many old boomer managers who are way behind the times and would never have gotten their first engineering job were they applying today.

by
|
Post ID: @kxex+15pMlCX5

Ha, No layoff for big fat salary taker. Those who work will be gone. Too much politics and the company is living in bubble. Sullivan park is a wastage of hard labor Corning money.

by
|
Post ID: @ifin+15pMlCX5

Corning's financial stability is 95% dependent on the United States' domestic market. The remaining 5 percent corresponding to the international market is highly volatile and fragile.

by
|
Post ID: @5bdn+15pMlCX5

Yeah, this is called 'Corning Values' !
If youre a corning employee, you've been reminded on this subject frequently.

by
|
Post ID: @4fgj+15pMlCX5

Post a reply

: