I'm sure this topic has been discussed here already, but looking for honest critique, not a "Sysco" bashing.
- Higher base salary - locked in, but can increase yearly based on manager review - 2-10%.
- Bonus potential based on tiers - determined by initial route size.
- Bonus is based on two categories determined by corporate and your performance within those categories each period.
My thoughts are it takes away the sales person's control of their compensation.
- Raise is manager's discretion. Only avenue to raise salary.
- Bonus categories are determined by corporate.
- Inherited, gained business no mater size only allows you to increase potential to bonus, or move tiers, no other increased compensation. Basically, you gain/inherit business, but if your performance doesn't fit that period's bonus category your compensation isn't increased.
To those "veteran's" am I missing something? The higher base salary is a definite plus, especially in this climate. Outside of that I'm not seeing the advantages.