Just had a plant meeting today. Our manager told us that we are getting a $400 Christmas gift bonus for staying with the company during “tough times” and thru “transition”. We are very grateful!!!
17 replies (most recent on top)
what a bunch of dreamers, you will all be crying when you go to work and the doors are locked.
Had a Plant Manager that was forced into retirement a number of years ago for refusing to follow directives that he knew would hurt his bonus and he was always quite open about what his annual bonus was....would use a small part of it to buy and grill everyone at the plant a steak dinner. Man, he would have been p-ss-d at a $1,200 bonus. But when he retired Dean Foods was still profitable.
I smell jealousy. And btw. Managers are getting $1200 “performance” bonus if goals are met.
Why does anyone assume this is an hourly employees?
I think its those Le Mars Iowa tards again. We're getting tons of work, we're getting bonus cause we're so great, blah blah blah. The only extra pay dfa may give out is for severance.
You are anonymous. Noone can see who posts. Dfa does not give away bonus money to hourly employees.
Had our plant meeting here at a plant in upper Midwest that ai won’t disclose so I don’t get in trouble. Same kinda deal as others. We are getting a ton of extra quota from other plants plus bonus. But, our money is not upfront. We will get $750 divided over Nov, Dec, and January. Not sure if that’s an attempt to keep people from quitting or what????
There are no bonuses except for management that supposedly works at home !! Dfa is a management only mentality!!! WE GET NOTHING!! EXCEPT PINK SLIPS!! DONT BE A FOOL
400$ bonus! Gee willikers! That's great! For 1995!
They're not going to say plant locations because its made up.
What plants are you at?
Must be a trend. Because we had same meeting here about how we are getting alot more workload and told we will be getting a $400 dollar bonus on our checks just in time for Black Friday.
I don't see the DFA progression to bankruptcy taking as long, but progression at Dean Foods went
- turkeys given out by GM at Thanksgiving and an annual Xmas bonus
- to Xmas bonus for hourly employees being replaced by a ham given out by GM at Christmas
- to turkeys and ham being placed on a pallet and employees picking them up as they leave work with no personal "Thank You" from anyone
- to a coupon good towards the purchase of a turkey at Thanksgiving and the ham being replaced by a cake in the breakroom
- to nothing for a few years
- to working most Thanksgivings and some Christmases
- to bankruptcy and all salaried employees being given big bonuses that per the salaried bonus program they shouldn't have gotten because the bonuses were supposed to be based on profits
- to where we are today
That's yuor severance pay. Good luck! Keep drinking the Kool-aid!!
Enjoy it. This company gives nothing away for free. Remember this "gift" when they announce your plant closing in January
I cry baloney!! they could care less !!
So an extra day's pay. Would rather have a pension.