- with our future cubicles (well, some of us). Am I a person or a cord of wood Cenovus? Smaller please, I still have sensation in my toes when I sit down.
8 replies (most recent on top)
Cenovus leases something like 7% of all downtown real estate through their various blunders and stupid decisions. Welcome to our world where useless individuals get bonuses for signing 25 year leases then turn around and get more bonuses for sub lessening the space out at a loss as a way to cover their mistakes.
They promoted the blunderer in chief of real estate to the head of SCM. That’s a winning formula.
No company has mismanaged its corporate real estate like Cenovus. You only get 2 square feet because some dolt paid 4x market rates at Brookfield and The Bow, plus various other buildings scattered across the core. How many million square feet vacant and this is what we're getting? Good thing it's "light and airy." Parking is going to be a gong show.
Listen folks. As a CVE employee, I would like to clarify a few things about the great Cenovus cubicle:
1) They are not closets, they are called chicken crates by all that work here. They are actually stackable.
2) we spent a lot of money at IKEA for this quality work space, so treat it with respect! (Or it will break),
3) Management says it’s 100% safe to be closer than 2 meters from your fellow employee and they say they are completely Covid resistant. Safety first of course!
4) You can actually almost taste your fellow employees lunch and farts in the air,
5) The real estate lead that made this decision was promoted to VP and lives on in the company,
6) AP and the Exec team also have one (kidding on this one.. they have a whole floor with massive offices with a side table, seating area and leather couch for thinking),
7) The morning sun helps create the most amazing glare on your screen, amplified by the Covid plexiglass addition. It’s like being in a phone booth now which is ok when making phone calls,
8) Phone calls at your desk is seen as being inconsiderate to the peace of others.. But they will give you a free headset like a call center.
In summary, everyday I enter that building I feel the love this company feels for me and my peers.
But for now, unfortunately, we all have to work from home. Darn!
The funniest thing is the cubicles are bunched in clusters with tonnes of empty/useless space around them. Great place to spread COVID around.
Welcome to our hell. When we first saw them we thought it was a joke. It is a joke but it’s not a joke. There’s the paradox. But if anyone above manager level remember they are just totally awesome.
Lol wow I think there is more room on the train in the morning rush
Layoffs aren’t happening until last week of January, but the cubicles are ridiculously tiny.