Did you receive an LTI this week? How does it compare to last year’s?
34 replies (most recent on top)
It wasn’t laws against employees talking about it. It was the question about legality of management threatening employees to keep them from discussing LTI with their coworkers. As in “ if I find out you are discussing your LTI with your coworkers you will not get it next year”.
How do you qualify to get LTI?
Some exec compensation programs have disclosure statements but I have not seen this as a norm for anything below an executive level. If you are at a publicly traded co, there are also specific SEC disclosures that have to be made public for your exec team.
As for laws regarding taking about your comp... nope there isn't a law. However, HR doesn't want to be bombarded with 'Jack makes more than me yet I have more experience.'
Only collusion brings those numbers closer... but some times that can hinder the higher paid just as much as help the under paid.
Heard of some companies who specifically request that employees not tell other employees what the dollar amount of their bonuses and LTI were. I don’t know why you would but some people like to brag. Sometimes they were threatened to be removed from the program if they talk. Anyone know if this is illegal?
No. Best part is my bonus target was lowered too!
They are hoping that you won’t notice if you don’t get the LTI because it is a difficult conversation. When in doubt just ask. Keeping yourself guessing just makes matters worse.
Our bonus was obvious at 50%. Managers should tell us if we got LTI.
Managers were supposed to tell employees their bonus and LTI but in typical OXY fashion, most did not. You just have to wait and see what shows up in your bank account or Morgan Stanley.
If you can’t keep track of what’s going on or have a good understanding of what’s in your account, I don’t feel that you should be in the target pool for LTI anyway. It was extraordinarily public about what the terms of the acquisition were. For every share of APC that you had, you received $59 in cash and .2934 Oxy shares. Cash and shares subject to same vesting schedule as they were previously. The LTI is meant to incentivize employees to stay on for extended periods due to the vesting schedule. Having someone say that Oxy should get rid of it just because you are too dumb to understand it or that it’s difficult to keep track of is just an insult.
How have people been notified about LTI awards?
Larger for me. Someone else who received LTI for the last few years didn’t get one.
LTI is such a hassle keeping track of all the details. They should just get rid of it.
So those are dollars and not shares? I can't keep track!
About 72% of our APC LTI was converted to cash that continued to vest on the same schedule. The other 28% was converted to Oxy stock.
On the Morgan Stanley site it’s says I have a large number of shares that will best on March 12. The “cash plan”. Anyone know what this is?
I didn’t have any lost time incidents last week but we aren’t off to a great start to the year in the GOM. I think it’s putting our leadership under pressure. Can’t let KD down.
Mine was much lower than last years.
Mine Is decent and I am grateful for it a s you all should be.
@1uaz+19zJe4iV Doubt it. We’re not talking about your Johnson.
Got mine this morning and it was humungous!
Not as good as previous years but I’m happy the company stepped up and did something on both the bonus and LTI fronts.
Fishing for info. No LTI. Lies below.
I’m an employee and a shareholder. I loaded up on OXY stock when it was $10.00 share. It’s now around $27.50. So as a shareholder I’m good!
Anyone who has to communicate with other employees through this page and takes it seriously is living in a fantasy land.
This page is for employees. GTFO.
So what about taking care of the shareholders? Employees are needed but can be replaced.
Mine is ginormous.
How many shares given to 23, 24, 25,and 26 grade?
Mine is huge!
Mine is larger this year.
How will you know?
Yes. Lower but close to last year
Cheer up. Even if there is no LTI you still get the LTI from the last three years that has vested. That is a good deal considering the state of things.