Thread regarding Denbury Resources Inc. layoffs

What should I do?

My wife was offered a higher paying position with the company she works for, the only catch is we have to move cross country. There is no doubt that she is taking it. It has better benefits and a substantial increase in pay. The question I have is should I give notice now and take the steps to find housing/schooling for our daughter since I’ve been looking for a reason to leave anyway? Should I take the time before her actually start date to also look for employment opportunities? Or should I just wait. She has 3 months to get herself settled in the northeast before her reporting date. Serious advice only please.

by
| 1124 views | | 2 replies (last )
Post ID: @OP+1apfpa4j

2 replies (most recent on top)

Be sure to check out the housing market where you're planning on going. The prices might shock you!

by
|
Post ID: @2uzp+1apfpa4j

If it were me, I would wait until closer to the end of the 3-month period. It might not seem likely, but it is possible that something changes with her new position before she starts working. Either way, you'd be giving up 2 months of guaranteed salary/benefits as well. Take advantage of the flexibility you have working from home to get as much planning done as possible. Anyone who's been in a similar position of making so many moving/schooling/house selling/house purchasing arrangements, but while working in an office filled with people, will tell you that it isn't easy.

by
|
Post ID: @xbe+1apfpa4j

Post a reply

: