Thread regarding IBM layoffs

Doctor's Orders

Sell GBS, get rid of TSS , kick Storage out...that's all !!!! they are just disease..1 results was bad , stock goes up because market was expecting horrible results, at the end we see only bad results.

by
| 2305 views | | 10 replies (last )
Post ID: @OP+1aul1Aic

10 replies (most recent on top)

No need to do all this, just reduce the management layers in half from 7-8 to 3-4 and give real power to technical people. Only then the company can change

by
|
Post ID: @Bceh+1aul1Aic

Get rid of Digital too! It's just a resource blackhole with layer upon layer of management whose main goal is self perpetuation. Simply leave those resources with the business units and get rid of the useless management chain

by
|
Post ID: @2wmq+1aul1Aic

I normally don't defend IBM but TSS has been a skeleton crew for last 8 years. You can't expect anything good when you have 2–4 people running around in mid–size cities. It's definitely the worst run division of IBM.

by
|
Post ID: @1ckg+1aul1Aic

careful, you may have upset the bloated overpaid GBS fan boys

by
|
Post ID: @1nik+1aul1Aic

TSS is chock full of tards. Ki–l it.

by
|
Post ID: @1kpm+1aul1Aic

i really have no faith in the direction of IBM, I think no one really likes them unless they HAVE to do business with them. Are there worse companies than IBM – probably, but being a 100 + yr old company they have F****ed off a lot of people and businesses

by
|
Post ID: @1hzg+1aul1Aic

Get rid of quantum computing....aka the IBM black ho–e

by
|
Post ID: @1biz+1aul1Aic

Stupid to make blind decisions on growth alone as you are suggesting. Some of the low growth technologies are actually the cash cows providing liquidity to ibm. That was the fatal flaw gunnies was making, cutting the cash cows before there was a revenue stream in the new techs to pay the bills. All Arvin’s is doing is reclassifying a lot of the noncloud sales into cloud eve he through rebranding btw. Old technique for ibm.

by
|
Post ID: @gva+1aul1Aic

IBM has a plan Spin off GTS That’s 80% of the lower growth problems. Selling Power HW and Storage gets you the other 20% of low margin growth for the most part. (Note TSS for power and storage are included in the sell off). TPP should most likely be in there too, but IBM has decided to double down on TPP. Selling off GBS is strategically incorrect. You need GBS to lead the legacy (mostly Z) customers toward Red–hat and rewriting legacy Z code. So now that you have sold the low margin businesses what’s left? IBM will keep the OS’s, middleware that Redhat doesn’t replace, IP generated by past investments, LAB patents, and proprietary IBM SW (security, AI, and certain cloud aspects) that have far greater margins. Are there other niche products? Sure there are, but just pay attention to the margins If your products have 70% or higher margins, IBM will keep them. If your products have 40% or less margins, IBM will dump them. The products in the middle, will stay if they feed the Hybrid cloud/AI/Redhat infrastructure, otherwise they will also be dumped. That’s AK’s plan in a nutshell, and so far he is executing it. Slowly, yes, but executing it

by
|
Post ID: @eip+1aul1Aic

Post a reply

: