It occurred to me today that although we (MPC) thought we took over Andeavor and were the dominate company, in the end, Andeavor won.
- the massive paydays the Andeavor talent made when MPC severed them.
- MPC has shutdown/sold many of the Andeavor refineries, despite paying huge premium on these plants in the acquisition
- The good people all left, the bottom of the barrel stayed behind
- integration was /is a total disaster across all areas (culture, systems, process)
- zero synergy creation (likely negative)
Can anyone name one good thing that came out of the acquisition?