Views and thoughts ?
20 replies (most recent on top)
@1njp I believe in freedom of choice too, but since I got past the sixth grade, and my parents nurtured me and I developed empathy, I understand that my freedoms don't trump (pun intended) other people's freedoms and the greater benefit to public health.
GF wants to establish a safer and more hygienic work environment. Let me list out how that relates to this discussion:
- the vaccine reduces the risk of infection
- breakthroughs can occur but symptoms are less severe and death is less likely
Keeping that in mind, requiring employees to get vaccinated means:
- the total employee population is less likely to be infected as a result of going to work
- if someone does get infected, other employees are less likely to get infected if they're exposed
- if they are infected, they're less likely to experience severe symptoms and die
@njp Implying that a business can't make their own freedom of choice. You still have a freedom of choice---its your employment now. This isn't any different than having to provide a background check or dr-g test before accepting a job posting from here. The only difference is that you suddenly don't consent to this one thing and think that matters. Several months ago, NYC Police threatened that up to 10,000 police would be forced off the streets because of vaccine requirements. The actual number that were put on unpaid suspension? 34.
I believe in freedom of choice. GF crossed a line on this one.
If you want to get it.. go for it. Discuss with your doctor and make the appropriate decision. But leave the choice to the people.
- Vaccine has not been proven to protect you or those around you. It lessons the symptoms. Strait from any news and gov site and the CDC. For those who think otherwise please prove that it will "protect you" or those you work with. Furthermore it has a ~2% mortality rate. Big deal. More people die of heart conditions and the flu than this thing. How many more people need to come forward with actual problems from getting VXd instead of " Oh I got covid and recovered"
Heart conditions are slowly taking a huge spotlight, especially in Vxd people. People are dying daily of that too.
- The Executive order they are quoting was already found unconstitutional and put on legal hold indefinitely. So why would GF bother pushing that narrative?
- I hope those of you on the fence consider waiting it out. There are over 500 people on the "no list" and choose to not disclose. You can stop them. GF cannot afford to keep paying vendors forever now that they are a public company they have to show profits. Buying resources because they let key techs and engineers go won't vibe well. Look at other manufacturing companies who gave up. Look at southwest. Stay strong and ride it out. Or let em fire 500ish of us in March. Watch how well April and May go without us.
Everyone already knows the attrition is above 14% and many are waiting for that AIP. Imagine what will happen when they try to walk 500ish more.
I'm curious to know if those who get exempted will have to test weekly? Or if management even has a number to reach that allows for no more masks.
Walmart pays more than logistics.
If you can't handle getting a shot to reduce the chance of you and people around you dying, you don't deserve to participate in society.
Lol, some bored person spent his night clearing his cache and voting multiple times 🤡
@1njf think of all the free time you'll have starting in January! Maybe you can take some time to read and understand these facts https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/effectiveness/why-measure-effectiveness/breakthrough-cases.html
Saying that you shouldn't get a vaccine because you can still get covid is tantamount to saying you shouldn't wear a seat belt because you can still die in a crash if you wear one. Yes you can still be infected or even die but just like the seatbelt your chances of dying go down by alot.
To the folks making statements of clowns, virologists, etc.
Your narrative has changed from “I need to get the shot for my safety,” to “you need to get the shot for my safety.” We know you don’t care about others. If you believed in science, you would realize you are being played by figureheads that push a symptom reducer. Then, again, maybe it is you that is the reason why Global struggles to make huge profits and is always behind in technologies, for the past decade, because egos come before brains.
BTW, 87% vaxed Denmark just set a record for Covid cases, ever. Think about that.
I personally love the mandate. I'm hoping many people leave so I can get another offer from another company and get them to pay me more.
Our unvaccinated co-worker 😢
Low pay - Ok
Poor management - Ok
Low raise - ok
No promotions - ok
Get a vaccine to save your life - No, i draw the line here, I'm quitting 🤡
@gef that's probably the best play from a legal standpoint
- compliance with federal mandate
- allows employees to practice religious freedom, regardless of whether or not the employee is doing it in good faith
- protects employees that believe in science
I never knew there were so many virologists in this country who chose to not practice their profession.
I believe Global will grant exemptions..Keep.in my though that the accommodation they can and will make to the employee is unpaid leave. The employee will retain their position with unpaid leave until the mandate has been lifted or they have complied with the mandate.
guessing a minority of those planning for religious exemption are being honest.
what is the underlying sentiment from management? Are they serious about vaccination and will they scrutinize religious exemptions? Or, are they doing it because they have to and will rubberstamp any exemption?
I'd guess the latter because GF can't afford to lose 16% of its people. If it's the former, then maybe it's better for people to find a new job instead of remaining where they're not wanted
Everyone I spoke to here who isnt vaccinated plans to apply for religious exemption and if not granted will get vaccinated.
@cfw I think you're mixing up your memes
I know of 13 managers alone on same shift that will be leaving the company over this news. Godspeed.