Do you have a mentor here at DXC? People keep telling me that you have to have one in order to succeed.
9 replies (most recent on top)
I don't think a mentor is necessary. Just mirror the middle management. Clap and smile at every think TheShouter and his crew say, post fawning reposts on social networks and recruitment sites. Avoid actually doing work and ensure that you stand above peers by denigrating those still trying and caring about the customer and their work. Repeat TheShouters words of wisdom and scorn those detractors who keep on about pay.
Failing that apply to cut steak.
yeah...I heard that same b[[[APOS]]][phit in a town hall from our CMO...if they say it, don't believe it.
same here, i always had good mentors. attach yourself to someone who is successful.
My manager is an awesome mentor. She's been with the company for about two years but she used to work for a large consulting company where they have an official mentor program, so she's trained well. I've joined DXC about 6 months ago...
Here is a few things she does with me:
- we talk about career progress, plan
- coaches me on communication (i am not very diplomatic, she's spending time on that)
- coaches me on how to advertise myself, how to build my own brand
- she knows what moves resonate with mgmt, she makes sure those are amplified, she finds ways for me on how to communicate my contribution without being obnoxous.
- she pushes me to take tech training, helps select
- she pushes me to network, a lot
- she pushes me to help my peers, to always be ready to jump in and and assist, she's bing on this
I am sure there are other things that I am forgetting but this is it for me.
1gPDY9TN - Bit ott and unnecessary - don't like the post go and do something else. Makes perfect sense in IT to invest in people, hire them, train them to fill in missing gaps and in most cases - if you treat them well - they will treat you back in return; coupled with improved moral and being happy to be at work and helping customers out.
a ludicrously needy post; What are you, 5 years old?
Yes I had one , but he died years ago.
"There's a su---r born every minute"
- P. T. Barnum
Yes, please ask for a steak cutter.