Let's count the ways this company is scary:
- Little to no communication about the broader going ons.
- Layoffs that form via rumor and drop like an ax.
- Constant fluffing up versus the competition despite little proof.
- A workforce that constantly wants to be RIFed.
- Late entry into the cloud after skepticism from LJE himself.
- LJE's constant buddying up to China with TikTok, etc.
- Company value that's only propped up because of stock buybacks.
- Customers who only stay because the licensing fees are too high otherwise.
- A favoritism towards previous-generation technology. See: Acquisition of Sun.
I'll be going as an Oracle employee for Halloween. Just wear my badge and that's enough to send chills down anyone's spine.
What are scary things to you here?