I have a significant stock award about to vest. I’m trying to determine whether I’m going to leave it in to wait and see what happens with HP and if that whole thing will affect the price significantly. What do you all think?
6 replies (most recent on top)
Stock award? Xerox hasn't given employee stock options in many many years. What division do you work in?
Same boat. I am selling. Stock overvalued. Management too unpredictable, and I am unconvinced they are in this for anything but themselves. My goal is less financial ties to XRX, not more.
If you hold on to it, imagine your reaction if you take a 40% or greater loss. Imagine the shareholders who bought into the Icahn “unlock shareholder value” claim. Or make the sensible move and sell. I like the earlier post suggesting to short XRX too.
Sell and buy HPQ. Short XRX.
XRX is extremely overvalued at present. Current price is based on EPS “improvements” which are unsustainable, and no revenue plan exists other than on investor presentations. There is also some “uninformed investor” action driving the price, which eventually will be reset upon release of Xerox financials and subsequent analyst recommendations. I would sell it all upon vesting, unless you are willing to lose a significant portion. Are you feeling lucky and trusting of the execs running the company and the guy directing them?
Xerox stock is at a 52 week high. I personally would sell, since the HP merger or purchase isn't guaranteed. If the HP deal falls through the Xerox stock may lose half it's value down to $15 to $18 per share. I'd at the very least sell half now.
*Not a financial advisor