IRMA Integration Developer
The IRMA Integration Team at Whole Foods is responsible for developing and maintaining a variety of software applications supporting the Supply Chain components of the business. Our applications interface externally with a large variety of Vendors providing product for our stores and internally with the store level operational systems.
This position will be responsible for the implementation of short and long term solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, network systems and applications infrastructure. The role will often be involved in modifying or adapting existing designs.
- Become well-versed on the multiple legacy applications maintained by the team (understand application modules, code, & behavior, business processes, business operation priorities & criticality).
- Along with team, participate in daily stand-ups, manage & prioritize work within a Scrumban development environment.
- Participate in sprint planning and estimations, dividing stories into tasks, design & code reviews.
- Design & develop solutions that will enhance and maintain operability of business-critical applications.
- Assess operational scenarios, upstream/downstream flows, impacts & risks.
- Plan, create, and execute unit testing (both manual & automated such as jUnit, etc).
- Drive delivery of projects within assigned deadlines working with BSAs, Testers, and technical partner teams.
- Prioritize production issues for triage/trouble-shooting by self and/or team.
- Provide communication around support issues.
- Develop communication and support information and documents for users, peers and the Support Team.
- Participate in development of training materials for small to medium projects.
- Evaluate new developments and evolving business requirements, and recommends appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems.
- As needed, prepare communication and presentations on system enhancements and/or alternatives.
- Able to play multiple roles on the Scrumban team such as Developer, QA, BA on small projects, etc.
- At least 2-4 years of familiarity with & hands-on experience in Agile development environment.
- Strong grasp of & experience in object-oriented design & analysis skills (OOA&D). Around 6 years preferred.
- Proficiency in developing in OO language - .Net/C# preferred with familiarity with Java. Around 6+ years.
- Proficiency in dealing with relational DBs (Oracle preferred/SQL server, etc.) & good SQL skills. Around 6+ years preferred.
- Experience with planning, creating & executing automated test scripts (xUnit tests/jUnit etc). Around 2 + years preferred.
- Strong knowledge of creating Web Services / SOAP or similar.
- Familiarity with the following: VisualStudio/TFS, WebSphere/IIS/ or similar; LINUX/UNIX (finding & manipulating text files, understanding of process listings and how to manage processes, disk space evaluation, etc.); Ant Scripts or similar build utility; Struts 1.x or similar MVC architecture for OO applications; setting up Windows server processes and scheduled task management; Perl; Tomcat; CVS/Subversion/TFS or similar configuration management tool; RAD or Eclipse IDE or similar IDE; File transfer protocols & tools such as FTP/SFTP/winSCP/FileZilla, etc.; UML/Visio or similar diagramming/design rendering tool.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and projects.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and as part of the team.
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, s-xual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.