Copied comments from previous posts. Is this the cultural issue at all large companies or just Ford ??
- The blowhards continue to rise at Ford until a bigger blowhard deflates the blowhard above him with a well placed knife in the back. The intelligent producers are silenced while the blowhards pursue fanciful and expensive projects. Strange times at the glass house. When will the grown ups show up?
- LOL competitive advantage. The motivated and talented college graduates all quit within their first few years. The lazy, unmotivated and entitled settle in for a lifetime of mediocrity and posturing for management. The staff bloats as four people are needed for a position that normally requires one person.
- I agree. Nobody works a true 40 hour week anymore. Everybody takes Fridays off. The salary employees do not care if they earn their pay/benefits. There is ZERO incentive to work more or harder or smarter. The “family” culture has turned the place into Neverland Bizarro World.
- Many people in these old multi national dinosaurs got into middle mgmt ranks due to inherent privilege of having right gender/ race combination. They are just floating into the system based on "relationships" and thwarting meritocracy. Eventually, Old culture will get decimated by new comers like Tesla, Google, Amazon., etc... Elon Musk does not have to count Gender/ Race ratios in leadership ranks. He promotes meritocracy and cream always rises to the top. He can do that because he himself is competent and confident. These old dying Companies are filled with mediocre, survival oriented, risk averse, fear ridden, paper pushing managers instead of mission oriented inspiring leaders. Incompetent middle managers treat their people as if they own them.. instead of trusting and inspiring them with their own passion and mission. Young smart folks will get out of this culture to do some challenging and innovative work somewhere else as soon as economy open up again. Remainder will be Mediocres who are happy to float along pushing papers
- 4. Zero passion among the work force, instilling that comes from within, and focused leadership, of which we have none. To call it an empowered work force is just a farce. If they want to change it, it starts with change at the top.
- Jeez I would be happy if my coworkers put in a 20 hour work week. They follow the lead of LL6 who states in meetings that hard work is not appreciated, you will only be appreciated for fru-fru items that do not contribute to bottom line. The LL6 works maybe 10 hours a week. The LL5 is the same all blow and no go.