What I observed at Intel in the past 24 years (Joined 1996).
- Every year we used to have a Xmas Party . was taken away.
- Stock options taken away. Could have been worth some money in stock climb from 10 to 50s.
- SERP Retirement contributions reduced.
- ESPP percentage reduced.
- Pension plan eliminated for new employees.
- Retirement medical contributions eliminated.
- Trash pickup from cubes stopped from daily to twice weekly.
- Trash pickup reduced to once weekly.
- Trash bins removed from cubes altogether. Now we have to drop it at a central location.
- Printing costs allocated to employee cost center!
All these while the CEOs claimed that they have garnered record profit running into billions.
Oh by the way , we got free coffee and fruits as a goodwill measure.