I would like to work 3 more years, but hate to see lump-sum drop over next 3 years (due to increase in segment rates) and also lose my retiree medical (if not off payroll 12/31/21). Those in their mid-50’s : What are you basing your stay/leave decision on?
As I see it:
STAY: keep nice salary, keep active employee medical, watch lump sum drop, lose retiree medical
LEAVE: invest lump sum pension, keep retiree medical, find another income source to replace approx 70% of salary (investment return on lump sum would provide remaining 30%)
What are others basing their decision on?