Long time employee here. For longer term employees, you cannot easily find a job because:
- You cannot find a job at your pay expectation in the area you live and you cannot relocate.
- Contrary to popular belief, not every job can be done remotely.
- You encounter age discrimination.
- You are in a very specialized field that does not have many openings.
- The unknown. Better the devil you know
- New job may have less favorable working conditions (e.g., extensive travel).
- You basically have to 'start over' to earn credibility. You don't have former co-workers than can vouch for your capabilities.
- You will start out with less vacation time.
- Those in the lease program with incremental may have to replace 2 or more vehicles.
- Your next company may be better in some areas but toxic in other areas.
- You will lose out on pension growth
Bumped from @pcf+1hgSZFvM for obvious reasons.