What is changing?
In addition to simplification and other efficiencies, I would like to share what is changing within our product strategy and how that will help us achieve our plan.
- We are winding down products that are non-core to our strategy or that we cannot scale effectively. This includes:
• Octoblu: We will shift our development strategy to build IoT solutions (Workspace and otherwise) atop of widely used, market-leading IoT platforms to provide the most flexibility for our future solution development. We are currently working on potential options for the Octoblu platform, which may include divesting this product and team.
• RightSignature: We will focus development on integration as a feature of ShareFile Enterprise to better leverage our solutions and our go to market motion.
• With these changes, we will be closing two of our development locations – Santa Barbara and Tempe.
- We are also repositioning two products to align more with our company direction and drive long-term growth:
• ShareFIle: We are shifting to focus more heavily on the Enterprise market to:
o better align and leverage Citrix’s broader go-to-market motions and resources, including with our 100,000+ enterprise customer installed base;
o accelerate development of differentiated functionality for ShareFile Enterprise; and
o enhance integration and leverage of content collaboration as a differentiated component of Citrix Workspace Service.
• XenMobile: We are pivoting XenMobile to cloud to accelerate innovation and focus our go-to-market strategy to align with two key Enterprise mobility platform players - Microsoft with Enterprise Mobility Suite and Google with Android for Work, Chromebooks and G Suite.